Give Something Back To Berlin is the largest project platform and network that makes social engagement and neighbourhood work accessible to the large migrant population of Berlin. Our hundreds of volunteers come from over 60 countries. Some are privileged enough to be able to work and travel anywhere they want. Others have refugee status and don’t even know if they can stay in the country.
First and foremost, we are all people who want create change and positive outcomes on different societal challenges. For this work we have won numerous prizes – for instance the first prize in the Intercultural Innovation Award from UNAOC and BMW 2016, as well as the Blue Bear for Civic Engagement from the European Commission and the Berlin Senate in 2015.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 3-6 month internship (3-4 days per week + some evening or occasional weekend events)
- Working within a very passionate team in highly dynamic surroundings
- Gain work experience and build your professional, social and creative network
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a full salary, but some remuneration and in-kind costs such as public transport will be covered.
- Writing/editing for our online magazine
- Online publishing
- Social media
- Publishing volunteer opportunities on our website
- Database & research work
- Ad-hoc office and project management support
- Native English Speaker, any German is a plus
- Image Editing Skills (sourcing images, checking rights, basic photoshop)
- Basic Graphic Design Skills
- Especially suitable for students of Media and Communications, Journalism or related fields, or people with experience in blogging
- Strong writing skills and comfortable working with CMS
Deadline: May 6
Start: As soon as possible. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!