WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
GSBTB is, among many things, a community of non-Germans in Berlin. A lot of our projects’ participants and active volunteers are people who came to Berlin as a consequence of forced migration. Our approach is never to just “help refugees”, but to build a community of migrants working together to make this city a better place for everyone! That is why we want to increase the participation of people from the refugee community in our work, not only as active volunteers in our projects but in our core team as well.
If you’re a refugee fulfilling the requirements listed under “Profile”, we would love to welcome you on board to complete a 1 year Bundesfreiwilligendienst with us. This is especially suitable if you are still going to German class/Integrationskurs, as the job can be done in part-time to suit your availability. It’s the perfect chance for you to gain work experience, build up your network, improve your language skills and bridge the gap until you start an apprenticeship/university program/job!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Possibility to work part-time – combine German course/Integrationskurs with GSBTB
- Improve your German and English skills
- Gain work experience and build your professional, social and creative networks
- During this time, the Job Center will not ask you to do anything else, so no requirement to go on extra Fortbildungen/Maßnahmen etc.
- Small remuneration that can be added to the money from the Job Center – so more money at the end of the month whilst staying in the Job Centre system
- Official certificate at the end of the internship
- Program accompanied by trainings and workshops
- Assistance in the overall project management, with a focus on our Open Art Shelter, answering e-mails, coordinating volunteers, assisting the project managers
- Organization of events (monthly Community Team-Ups, cooking events, trips with participants of Open Art Shelter)
- Occasional Translation of short texts (on social media etc.)
- Help to develop and continue some of our other projects, bringing in your perspective as a newcomer with refugee background
- Learning about and supporting our office administration
- You have been granted asylum, are protected as a refugee according to the 2011/95/EU guidelines (Geneva convention) or are in the asylum process and have a high likelihood of staying. Unfortunately it is NOT possible to take part in the program if you are granted “Subsidiärer Schutz” or have a “Duldung”.
- You can communicate in English
- You can work in a team as well as independently
- You are able to navigate a multicultural environment and pay a lot of attention to detail in your work
- Good knowledge of Arabic or Farsi is a plus
Start: As soon as possible. Please send your application to email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you!