GSBTB seeks a part-time Communications and Partnerships Assistant
Give Something Back to Berlin seeks a part-time Communications and Partnerships Assistant. Join us to make worlds meet for a better city!
Give Something Back to Berlin (GSBTB) seeks an enthusiastic individual to join our staff team as Communications and Partnerships Assistant. The Communications and Partnerships Assistant will shadow our Head of Communications and Partnerships and work with our entire team and volunteers at our organisation. This will include the management of GSBTB’s external communications, organising digital and in-person activities, supporting volunteers and helping in developing and maintaining partnerships with other organisations. The Communications and Partnerships Assistant will focus on the website and social media to enhance our digital communications, with a solid connection to partnership development and maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities may include the following:
- Managing GSBTB’s social media accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Copywriting and editing for the GSBTB website (https://gsbtb.org) and various presentation materials, conducting and writing down interviews, creating articles and newsletters, updating website sections, including the online blog (https://gsbtb.org/magazine)
- Analysis of the website and social media analytics and optimise GSBTB’s online presence
- Lead and/or help run projects to promote the projects and GSBTB brand. This includes but is not limited to organising exhibitions, performances, panels, roundtables, and workshops, and audio-visual documentation of activities
- Maintaining a user-friendly archive of communication materials
- Drafting reports for GSBTB’s use and contribute to reporting to donors and other partners
- Editing/proofreading texts in English and in German (also with the help of the available online tools)
- Contributing to project development and grant proposal writing processes
- Attending weekly and other necessary meetings, both in-person and digitally
- Attending networking events and represent GSBTB publicly when needed
- Help identify and develop opportunities for partnerships and new initiatives
Requested profile and skills
- Proactive attitude and high motivation to work in the field of nonprofit communications and partnership development
- Demonstrated research skills with the ability to develop meaningful insights from various processes, while paying close attention to detail
- 1-3 years of (job/volunteering/internship) experience in a related field
- Good skills in using computers and standard office software are essential
- Prior experience in or willingness to learn WordPress, Canva, social media tools, and various software packages such as Trello, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
- The ability to deal with conflicts constructively, respect the views and contributions of other team and community members, show empathy, listen and be supportive
- Ability to work individually and as part of a multicultural team
- Good understanding of social and political topics and interest in communicating them in a compelling way for diverse audiences, including non-native speakers
- Commitment to Give Something Back to Berlin’s values
- Excellent command of English (C1/C2) to communicate verbally and in writing. At least B1-level of German skills are necessary
- Linguistic diversity, migration experience, and strong connection to the Global South are considered an asset
Reports to: Head of Communications and Partnerships
Position(s) directly reporting to this position: None
Working relations: Primarily with the Head of Communications and Partnerships team, but also with Community Manager, Programming team, interns, and volunteers when necessary.
Salary: Salary will be agreed according to weekly work hours (16-20 hours a week is foreseen).
Duration: One-year contract will be made. Permanent contract will be offered after the second year is complete.
Location and work permit: Candidates should already have a valid EU work permit to work in Germany. The site of this position is in Berlin. Remote work is encouraged due to the ongoing pandemic. However, regular physical presence at Give Something Back to Berlin’s office (at Refugio Berlin, Lenaustrasse 4. 12047 Neukölln, Berlin – Germany) will be necessary.
Deadline for applications: Please send your CV and motivation letter together with your salary expectations to Ragıp Zık at email@example.com with the email subject “Comms Assistant 2021” by 30 November 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.