GSBTB looks for a Working Student Communications, Community and Admin
GSBTB is looking for a working student to help with communications, community engagement and admin tasks
This position is responsible for assisting the external communications, community engagement and partnerships, and admin, both online and in-person:
Communications (around 6 hours/week):
- – Responsible for GSBTB’s social media in German and English: you post on our social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) and interact with our online community
- – Revise and update content on our website in German and English – Assist in creating content such as drafting texts and selecting images and sending out our GSBTB newsletter
- – You manage our email account email@example.com
Community Engagement and Partnerships (around 8 hours/week):
- – Communicate with volunteers in German and English, and assist in coordinating one of our weekly projects
- – You assist in initiating new CSR partnerships. This includes managing contacts, sending out email inquiries, coordinating meetings, and organising events.
- – Assist in coordinating, organising and documenting our community events and bi-annual Member’s Committee meetings
- – You may be asked to represent GSBTB at events from our partnership network from time to time (Der Paritätische, Neuköllner Engagement Zentrum)
Admin (around 6 hours/week):
- – You will handle your own research projects. For instance, you will support us in implementing an organisational CRM tool and develop processes and workflows for contact management for journalists, funders, partner organisations etc.
- – You compile and consolidate information from different data sources in a clear and concise manner
- – Support accounting with managing payment receipts in SevDesk – Help occasionally with other office management tasks such as proofreading texts in German and English, issuing donation receipts, postal services, making copies, organising the office spaces etc.
We are looking for you if:
- – You are an advanced Bachelor’s or Master’s student
- – You are fluent both in German and English
- – You know how to use Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- – You know / can learn quickly how to use Google Workspace and its tools
- – You enjoy working both independently and as part of a team
- – You work in a structured way, you can self-organise and you can handle deadlines
- – You are proactive, hands on and you are a problem solver
- – You have an understanding of the bigger picture and at the same time you are not afraid to dig into messy data dumps and get your hands dirty
- – You are communicative and you enjoy talking to all kinds of different people
We strive for diversity and welcome applications from BIPoC and people with migrant or refugee background.
1st January 2023
Work place is Give Something Back to Berlin’s main office at Lenaustrasse 4, 12047 Neukölln, Berlin.
Partly remote work is possible if necessary.
Freelance contract, 20 hours per week, €12 per hour
About the organisation and workplace
Give Something to Berlin (GSBTB) is a non-profit organisation that connects migrants, refugees, and locals to engage in building an open and inclusive society. It focuses on the impact of migration on the urban level and develops innovative practices that make a difference in people’s everyday lives. GSBTB runs more than 20 activities every week and serves thousands of people each year. GSBTB office is situated at Refugio Berlin, a co-living space where 35 migrants, refugees, and locals live and work together in the heart of Neukölln district.
Please send your application including a cover letter and your CV with the subject line “GSBTB working student 2023” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30.11.2022.
Click here to download this call in pdf format.