We are looking for a Communications Intern / Volunteer
Does creating content about a multicultural community at an award-winning NGO sound like your dream job? Then come and work with us as a communications intern or volunteer! We are looking for interns and/or volunteers to join Give Something Back to Berlin’s Communications Team.
About Give Something Back to Berlin e.V.
Give Something to Berlin (GSBTB) is a non-profit organisation that connects migrants, refugees, and locals to engage in building an open and inclusive society. It focuses on the impact of migration on the urban level and develops innovative practices that make a difference in people’s everyday lives. GSBTB runs more than 20 activities every week and serves thousands of people each year. GSBTB office is situated at Refugio Berlin, a co-living space where migrants, refugees, and locals live and work together in the heart of Neukölln district. Our thematic areas are urban integration and intercultural dialogue; diversity, equity, and anti-racism; education and skill-sharing.
We are looking for a passionate content creator to join our team for at least three months to assist in all things writing, editing, interviewing, and shooting. The role would be especially suitable for students of Media and Communications, Journalism or related fields, or communications professionals who would like to dedicate some volunteer time to help make Berlin a more inclusive and open city.
● Drafting texts for social media posts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter)
● Photo editing (sourcing images, checking rights, creating simple designs)
● Attending events and activities to shoot photos and videos
● Creating social media reels
● Drafting newsletters
● Writing for our online magazine (https://gsbtb.org/magazine)
● Assisting an editorial project (research, project management)
● Conducting interviews for surveys
● Excellent command of English (C1/C2), German is a big plus but not a must
● Strong writing skills
● Basic graphic design skills
● Prior experience in or willingness to learn to use WordPress, Canva, social media tools, and video editing software
● Experience in creating content for social media
● Attention to detail
● Linguistic diversity and migration experience are considered an asset
● A minimum of three-month commitment
2nd May 2023
Lenaustrasse 4, 12047 Neukölln, Berlin. Partly remote work is possible.
Give Something Back to Berlin cannot offer monetary compensation for this position.
Candidates wishing to carry out an internship shall ensure that funding is provided by their universities or have other similar grants. We are happy to support you to secure external funds such as Erasmus+ and professional/educational fellowships.
What we offer
● A part-time position of 10 hours/week with a very flexible schedule
● Valuable work experience in communications in the non-profit sector
● A very friendly and passionate team
● Access to a top-notch professional, social, and creative network in Berlin and beyond
Please send your application including a cover letter, your CV and two writing samples in English with the subject line “GSBTB communications intern/volunteer 2023” to Böbe Barsi through firstname.lastname@example.org by 15.04.2023.
Click here to view this announcement as pdf.