It’s the beginning of spring and the first sunny days are upon us! What better way to celebrate ‘almost summer’ than by celebrating one of our nearest and dearest projects – the GSBTB – Open Kitchen! ♥
In traditional Team Up fashion, we’ll be meeting in the Refugio Café Saal on the 2nd of April. Except this time it’s with a bit of a twist – we are celebrating the spirit of enjoying a meal together, and the warm feelings that food evokes within us. That’s why, together with volunteers from the Open Kitchen, we’ve invited a bunch of organisations centered around food, sharing and community-building, including:
(1) Berliner Obdachlosenhilfe e.V.
(2) Solinar – Solidarische Nachbarschaft im Richardkiez
(3) The Real Junk Food Project: Berlin
(4) Stadtteilzentrum Hellersdorf-Süd KOMPASS (Internationale Kochabende)
You’ll have the chance to network around with these great initiatives and find out how you can take part in their activities!
The tentative schedule is as follows:
start 18:30 – Get2Know round with the GSBTB Open Kitchen
– rounds of icebreakers and interviews with social organisations
– a delicious meal (cooked as part of Social Cooking by the Open Kitchen volunteers) and casual hang out time
Looking forward to eating and chilling with our wonderful community of chefs, non-chefs, foodies and beyond! ♥